Nivedita Overseas Education and Abroad Training
Study Abroad Consultancy
Nivedita Overseas Education is offering Spoken English and Communication Skills, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, SAT, IELTS, PTE. Our teachers are well experienced specialized in English Communication Skills. We provide sufficient study and practice materials. Admission for fresh batch is going on
Our Study Destinations
US, CANADA, UK, AUSTRALIA, Russia, China, Philippines, Singapore and Europe.
Benefits of Studying Abroad
- Personal growth and maturity
- Better language skills
- Opportunity to work abroad
- You are more employable
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) measures the language proficiency of people who want to study or work where English is used as a language of communication. It uses a nine-band scale to clearly identify levels of proficiency, from non-user (band score 1) to expert (band score 9).
IELTS Fast track
IELTS Fast Track is designed for FAST Preparation to the IELTS Exam.
Duration 20-30 days (60+ Hours)
IELTS Regular is designed for COMPREHENSIVE Preparation to the IELTS Exam.
Duration 45 days (100+ Hours)
Academic Module / General Training Module
- The Academic Module is intended for those willing to enroll in universities and other institutions for higher education.
- The General Training Module is for those planning to undertake non-academic training or to gain work experience, or for immigration purposes.
- The Listening and Speaking sections are same for both the Modules, Reading and Writing sections differ.
IELTS Test Format (Test Duration: 2 Hours 45 Minutes Sections)
- Listening : 30 Minutes (4 sections, 40 questions)
- Reading : 60 Minutes (3 sections, 40 questions)
- Writing : 60 Minutes (2 Essays)
- Speaking : 11 to 14 Minutes (Interview, Speak on a topic, Discussion)
A Band Score for each of the four modules as well as an overall score is recorded on the Test Report Form. This allows receiving institutions to clearly identify the candidates’ strengths and weaknesses. These Band Scores are recorded on the Test Report Form along with details of the candidate’s nationality, first language and date of birth. The Test Report Form indicates whether it is for an Academic or General Training candidate. Each Band corresponds to a descriptive statement giving a summary of the English of a candidate classified at that level. Overall Band Scores can be reported in either whole or half Bands.
The nine bands and their descriptive statements are as follows:
- Band – 9 Expert User
- Band – 8 Very Good User
- Band – 7 Good User
- Band – 6 Competent User
- Band – 5 Modest User
- Band – 4 Limited User
- Band – 3 Extremely Limited User
- Band – 2 Intermittent User
- Band – 1 Non User
- Band – 0 Did not attempt the test
Nivedita Academy has partnered with British Council and IDP to provide the best IELTS coaching both in Chennai and Trichy.
About the PTE Exam
- PTE Academic assesses listening, reading, speaking and writing all via computer in a single 3 hour test session.
- To complete a PTE Academic test, you will need to attend a secure Pearson test centre. You will use a computer and headset to listen to, read and respond to questions.
- During the three-hour test session there are three main parts to the test: speaking and writing (together), listening and reading. There are twenty different question formats, ranging from multiple choice to essay writing and interpreting information.
- PTE Academic assesses real-life, academic content, so you will hear excerpts from lectures and view graphs and charts. You will hear a range of accents in the test, from British and American to non-native speakers, so you will be exposed to the type of accents you will encounter in everyday life.
PART 1: SPEAKING & WRITING (77-93 minutes)
- Personal Introduction
- Read aloud
- Repeat sentence
- Describe image
- Re-tell lecture
- Answer short question
- Summarize written text
- Essay (20mins)
PART 2: Reading (32-41 minutes)
- Fill in the blanks
- Multiple choice questions
- Re-order paragraphs
PART 3: LISTENING (45-57 minutes)
- Summarize spoken text
- Multiple choice questions
- Fill in the blanks
- Highlight the correct summary
- Select missing word
- Highlight incorrect words
- Write from dictation
What is TOEFL Test?
The TOEFL test measures the ability of non-native English speakers to use and understand English as it’s read, written, heard and spoken in the university classroom. If you want to study at an English-speaking university or program, no other test can get you to as many destinations around the world as the TOEFL test.
In most test centers worldwide, you’ll take the TOEFL iBT® test on a computer. However, the TOEFL test is administered as a paper-based test (TOEFL® PBT) in a few places where testing via the Internet is not available. The TOEFL test measures all four English-language skills. It takes about four hours.
|Section||Time Limit||No. of Questions||Overview|
|Reading||60—80 minutes||36—56 questions||Read passages, then respond to questions|
|Listening||60—90 minutes||34—51 questions||Listen to lectures or a classroom discussion, then respond to questions|
|BREAK||Relax for 10 minutes|
|Speaking||20 minutes||6 tasks||Speak into a microphone about familiar topics and discuss material you read about and listened to|
|Writing||50 minutes||2 tasks||Read a passage, listen to a recording and then type your written response|
What is GRE?
GRE is actually Graduate Recorded Exam. The Education Testing Service (ETS) directs the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) on behalf of the Graduate Record Examinations Board and the Council of Graduate Schools. This exam chiefly a multiple-choice test. The scores have to be submitted by students aspiring for admission in international graduate school for Graduate program.
Apart from the general GRE there are about 12 GRE subject Tests offered by the program to help students determine success in specific fields. In addition to this, the program also offers a variety of services and publications to help students transfer to their respective graduate program.
There are two versions of the test, the first is the
- GRE – General
- GRE – Subject
The General test consists of three parts
- GRE verbal
- GRE Math
- GRE Essay
Both the GRE verbal and GRE math test each yield a score between 200-800 points. Scores on the analytical writing test are measured on a scale of 0 to 6 and is awarded in ½ points. Since only some of the graduate programs require the scores of The GRE – Subject, students availing such course need only appear for it.
The score on the GRE Subject test too ranges between 200 to 800 points. For details on the schools that need the GRE score and the minimum score that is required for admission can be found in the book, Graduate Study in Psychology
The GMAT is the Graduate Management Admission Test, a standardized test required by the vast majority of business schools because it provides a measure of an applicant’s academic ability. The GMAT test does not include any questions that gauge your business knowledge. The GMAT test is computerized and administered six days each week, 52 weeks per year. While the exam can be taken at virtually any time, it can only be taken once per 31 days and 5 times per year.
The GMAT exam pattern consists of mainly four sections which will test the candidate’s abilities on various parameters. These are – Writing, Reasoning, Verbal and Quantitative skills. The GMAT exam will be conducted in a time span of 3 hours and 30 minutes. GMAT scores are given with an increment of 10 points for example: 550, 560, 570 etc.
Here is the GMAT paper pattern:
|Section||No. of questions||Question Type||Duration|
|Analytical Writing Assessment||1 Topic||Analysis of an Argument||30 minutes|
|Integrated Reasoning||12 questions||Multi-Source Reasoning, Graphics Interpretation, Two-Part Analysis, Table Analysis||30 minutes|
|Quantitative||37 questions||Data Sufficiency, Problem Solving||75 minutes|
|Verbal||41 questions||Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, Sentence Correction||75 minutes|
|Total Exam Duration||3 hours 30 minutes|